The Subways

Hey everyone!

       First of all, I want to apologize for not blogging! I've been quite busy and I suffered from a serious lack of inspiration the last months. BUT, this is going to change! I'm actually thinking about many interesting things I could talk about... But let's start with something very Rock'N'Roll!



Last tuesday, I left my lovely "student city" to go back to Cognac (my hometown), where one of my favorite band gave a concert... THE SUBWAYS! Yes, that's right, the ones that wrote these amazing and powerful songs, such as: "Rock'N'Roll Queen", "Oh Yeah", "We don't need money to have a good time" and "This is the club"! The concert took place in a small room with not much people, which surprised me a lot! I managed to get to the very first rank, just in front of Charlotte (the brilliant basist of the band) and when the concert finally started (the song "Oh Yeah" opened the show), I exploded! It was pure rock'n'roll! Billy, Josh and Charlotte were so professional, funny and "possessed" by the music. I have been to many concerts in my life, but I have never seen that much energy. The band was extremely close to the public (in the two ways), and I believe that we all spent one incredible moment! I'm definitely going to the upcoming concerts in France :-) But now, let's dicover the band a bit better...

"The Subways are an English indie rock band. Their debut album, Young For Eternity, was released on 4 July 2005 in the UK and February 14, 2006 in the U.S. Their second album, All or Nothing, was released on 30 June 2008 and their third albumMoney and Celebrity debuted on the 19th of September 2011. Although the band have not experienced a great deal of commercial success, they have gained a loyal cult following amongst attendees of the annual Reading and Leeds festivals, in which on each occasion they attracted a crowd big enough to fill the second stage tent beyond capacity, resulting in the band becoming main stage regulars. Their debut album was certified gold in January 2007 for 100,000 units shipped."


Here is the video that my wonderful friend and ex-flatmate (Romain Chollet) released! The first band is "The Simpson Band", they are very talented, but if you just want to see The Subways, skip to 2:25min. The song playing is "Rock'N'Roll Queen" (their most famous song), and the video was shot with a fisheye lens for I-Phone, which gives this "circular aspect". As you can see, Charlotte and I were going a bit... WILD! Enjoy ;-)



Julia.

0 comments:

Post a Comment