FUNERAL PARTY





Good evening everyone!


Today I want to talk about one of my favorite band! They're 4 boys coming from Los Angeles, they're young, they play indie rock music and they are named after one amazing song of The Cure. Yes, I'm talking about... FUNERAL PARTY
I discovered the band last year in a very famous french show called "Le Grand Journal". They were there to play their new single called "NYC moves to the sound of L.A" and I just fell in love with their music. Trust me, it was violent! After the show I felt like I had to google them on the net and search for their music. Fortunately, I managed to get their first and only album ("The Golden Age of Knowhere") quickly. I remember I played the CD over and over again and my mom got pissed off a lot haha. My favorite song from the band is "Giant Song", you can find it on deezer


Now, let's introduce the band a bit better with their official biography and then listen to their hits :) 
"Funeral Party is a five-piece band that formed late one night in a park. Hardcore bands and metal bands dominated the local music scene at the time in Whittier, California, an East Los Angeles suburb comprised of mostly working-class enclaves. In the East Los Angeles neighborhoods adjacent to Whittier however, a post-punk dance-craze revival was emerging and Funeral Party began gigging every weekend. 

The band quickly developed a following and a D.I.Y. ethos that encapsulated East Los Angeles’ rich musical history. Initially, the band didn’t even own equipment and had to borrow it from bands they played with at East Los Angeles backyard parties and warehouses. Funeral Party quickly achieved a mythic stature in the Los Angeles underground. Lars Stalfors, engineer for Mars Volta, invited the band to record in Volta’s studio in East L.A. The sessions yielded “Chalice”, which immediately became East L.A.’s theme song and could be heard bumping on iPods throughout Southern California. What is unique about Funeral Party is the band’s universal appeal; there exist numerous infusions in their music. This band is crucially important as they have created a visceral music that encapsulates the experiences of contemporary youth. "









FINALE



NYC MOVES TO THE SOUND OF L.A



POSTCARDS OF PERSUASION


Julia.

0 comments:

Post a Comment