"A story can only be heard, when someone wants to listen."


 Hey dearies,

as everyone of us knows, a few days ago, the world premiere of "Harry Potter and the deadly hallows part 2" took place at the Trafalgar Square in London! Thousands of people from all over the world came together to say their final goodbye to Harry Potter, and I was one of the lucky ones who could get a spot at the red carpet! Already days before people were sleeping outside, waiting for July 7th, and as expected, those nights were typical London weather! Rain was pouring from the sky but that didn’t stop the fans.


I arrived in London July 5th and I went to Trafalgar Square each day since my arrival to check out the situation there. It was remarkable to see how many people added the cue day by day. There were people from Australia, Jersey, Canada, Spain, Belgium, Holland,... all there to prove the statement “TILL THE END." It was u n b e l i e v a b l e.
On July 6th at 10 a.m.  people from the security handed out wristbands which assured us a spot at the red carpet. I, with my two best friends, left our hotel in the early morning and we waited for more than 6 hours to get our wristbands. When walking around we heard one of the security say “Right now there are more less 7000 people waiting.” Young and old were present.

July 7th, the weather was terrible. Like Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) mentioned earlier in an interview: “It is tradition to have it rain on Harry Potter premieres.” So rain would be the perfect way to celebrate final Harry Potter-premiere, no?
However, after hours of torrential rain and wind (also for me and my friends) the sky finally cleared around 15h in the afternoon, exactly one hour before the start of the premiere. Suddenly there was sun, a gentle breeze and pleasant temperature.
Besides the numerous fans there were also some familiar faces who were invited to attend the Harry Potter 7 premiere. Among others there was McFly and Darren Criss (Blaine Anderson - Glee). So you see that harry Potter has won a place in everyone's heart after all these years. ;p

Of course the REAL hysteria broke loose when the stars of the movie arrived:

 

Tom felton (Draco Malfoy)

Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy)


Alan Rickman ( Snape)


Helen McCrory (Narcissa Malfoy)


 

Tom felton (Draco Malfoy)

Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley)

 

Bonnie Wright & Rupert Grint

 

Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood)

Helena Bonham (Bellatrix Lestrange)


James and Oliver Phelps(Fred and George Weasley)



 
Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley)

It was overwhelming to see the big impression these movies left on people. Each and every person who was there that day, was a part of one big family, a family of people who pursued the same dreams and desires, all in their own world of magic. It was a big whole that connected young and old, different countries and strangers to each other. People who shared the same passion, people who came together and showed their final support to express how much Harry Potter truly meant for them during the last ten years.  Ten years of Harry Potter left a feeling in all of our hearts, we can’t deny that. People of my age (and older and younger) grew up together with Harry Potter. It was emotional and touching when the actors kept their speeches, tears flowed, and when JK Rowling took the micro everybody shoutedTill the end!” And "Thank you!" All voices were in unison and never before I had seen such a connection. It was a real goosebump-moment.

Hogwarts was a part of my childhood, Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley, all three were part of my childhood and as the years passed, from my adolescence. I remember when I was 10 and I went to the movies with my mum and dad to watch the first Harry Potter movie. After watching it I was convinced that I would marry Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley)and I collected articles and pictures from the newspapers and magazines. Even through the years, I kept being devoted to the story and Rupert! haha. You could call Harry Potter a way of living, I guess ;p  
 "Thank you JK Rowling for making glasses and gingers cool!" :) Just like with other Harry Potter fans, is the end of the Harry Potter story, the end of my childhood. But I will always feel the same passion, love and devotion when I look back at the ten best years of my life. Hogwarts and Harry will always be a part of me and I’ll always carry this story with me wherever I go. Rowling wrote history, of that I’m sure.

Thanks again, JK Rowling, for giving me the best ten years of my life!

0 comments:

Post a Comment