My own kind of freedom.



Domien's article "Art never comes from happiness" inspired me this one. Her passion for drawing is her freedom. My freedom comes from writing. I thought it'd be interesting to talk about another art that free people's mind.



     I remember my cousin told me once that with a pen in your hand and a piece of paper you become the King of the world. This is so true. Since I was able to write my name, I've always had the strong desire to express my states of mind and my little girl's made up stories into words. Anytime my mother would read me a story before sleeping, I would take my pair of scissors, my favorite pens and staple a few sheets of paper together to make my own book. I must have about 100 self-made books today, haha :)
    This passion of writing became a need very fast and this is still the case today. Whenever I have time for it, I stop worrying about school, people or any of those "adult-stuff" and I let my mind speak instead. I lock myself up in my room or in my flat and then it's just me, my pen and the paper.This is truly freedom to me. I reinvent the world in a complete different way without giving a shit about "is it making any sense?" and so on... The "funny" thing about it is that I mostly write about very dark things. Violence is even prevalent in my writings and I almost never end my stories the happy-ending-way. This is why I consider writing as being an outlet. Things that make me sad and angry, they end up on the paper. And, in my opinion, this is the best therapy ever. (I guess this is why I've owned a journal for so many years).

What are you guys doing to free yourself? What's your own kind of freedom? Music, Cinema, Drawing, Fashion...? I'd really like to know! :)


I will end this article with a beautiful quote written by an unforgettable young girl. It sums-up my thoughts:

Unless you write yourself, you can't know how wonderful it is; I always used to bemoan the fact that I couldn't draw, but now I'm overjoyed that at least I can write. And if I don't have the talent to write books or newspaper articles, I can always write for myself.”  Anne Frank


Julia.

0 comments:

Post a Comment